Stop what you are doing and make these. Make these now. If you’ve had browned butter cookies before, you know about the lovely, toasty flavor they have. Make browned butter sand cookies and you have created the best browned butter cookie there is.
Browned Butter Sand Cookies
- 1 c. butter
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- pecan halves
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. One butter is melted keep heating it, stirring constantly, until it turns golden brown. It will foam while it browns. This is normal.
- Remove butter from heat. Carefully pour the clear part into a mixing bowl, leaving as many solids behind as possible.
- Refrigerate until butter is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Beat in baking powder and vanilla.
- Beat in the flour. At first it will seem like there is nothing but sandy crumbs in the bowl, and you will find yourself thinking that it will never turn into dough, but it will. Keep beating.
- Pinch off tablespoons of dough, roll them into balls, and place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Press a pecan half into the top of each ball flattening it as you do so.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are light brown.
- Let sit a few minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack.