These cookies are cute, they are delicious, and they are a perfect recipe to make with kids. The addition of graham cracker crumbs to the batter takes the flavor to the next level, a toasty, crunchy yet chewy level. The dough is simple to make, and there is no rolling or cookie cutter required. The bears are made with balls and logs of dough that you shape with your hands.
Here they are ready to go in the oven.
And here they are out of the oven.
Peanut Butter Graham Bears
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- Mini chocolate chips or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Beat the butter and peanut butter together.
- Beat in the sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and vanilla.
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir in the flour and graham cracker crumbs.
- For each cookie, roll a tablespoon sized ball for the body, and a teaspoon sized ball for the head. Lay them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten them slightly.
- Fashion small logs for the arms and legs, and three small balls. Arrange two of the balls as ears, and place the third one on top of the head, to form a snout for the bear.
- Press two mini chocolate chips or raisins into the cookie for eyes.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.