(Jasper is 7. He loves to bake. He wanted to write a guest blog post. Here it is)
I made chocolate crinkle cookies today.
Once I make the batter I roll them up into a ball and then put them in powdered sugar then I put them on the baking sheet.
When they were finished getting cooked I tasted them and I think I made them very well.
They taste chocolatey. Their texture is soft. When I eat them they make me feel very happy. I like them very much. And you should make them too.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Put the powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder , and salt together in another bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with a mixer for about 3 minutes, until creamy. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides.
- Add 1 egg and beat until blended. Add the other egg and the vanilla and beat until blended.
- Mix in the flour mixture until just blended.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up rounded spoonfuls of dough and roll them into balls.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until crackled and puffed.